Friday, May 16, 2014

Five Easy Pieces - Part I

My little blog has been neglected this week as I have set out to rearrange the sewing room to be more functional and to give me a better idea of what's actually in my stash.  I'll do a post on that later,  when I can actually document the finished {and hopefully clean} space.  With any luck, that will be the topic of tomorrow's post.

In the meantime, I have some finished quilt tops to show.  Most of these are things I took to Stash Bash, and made some progress on.  As I mentioned in this post, I didn't actually finish anything at Stash Bash, mostly because I was missing one little thing in order to complete it.



This guy is my crowning achievement for the last month.  The quilt that has been haunting me for four years  I got the fabric in the fall of 2010, and Amanda actually gave me the templates during quilt market in 2011 (it's just as easy to make two sets as one, right?), so it's been hanging over me at least that long.  I was totally intimidated by these rings.

I shouldn't have been.  They weren't as hard as I thought.  Funny how we let perceived difficulties intimidate us, isn't it?  This quilt is all about organization.  Keeping the pieces in order.  Putting it together in order, etc.  Even sewing the curves is easy - just pin the middle and go for it.

Nothing to be intimidated by there.  But I let the fear get to me for almost 4 years.  I feel pretty silly now.  But I'm glad to have a finished quilt top.  Can't wait to get this one quilted.

The pattern is Single Girl by Denyse Schmidt.  The rings are Spirit by Lila Tueller with some Simply Color by V and Co.  thrown in (it matched perfectly and gave it more variety.)  The background is Moda Bella White, which is my favorite white.  This used up the bolt, so it's time to buy a new one. It lasted almost a year, so that's a plus.  And just for the record, this is a 14 in 2014 finish progress report.

This post is long enough, so I'll share more of my Five Easy Pieces in a day or two.

Thanks for dropping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!