Friday, January 3, 2014

Moving on...


At the beginning of last year, I did a post where I counted the things I had made.  I'm not sure what motivated that nit-picky attitude, but it's there in all its glory.  This year I decided to just make a mosaic of various types of things to memorialize the year.  I was fortunate enough to be able to spend lots of time in the sewing room this year, since I no longer work full time.  Some of these are just quilt tops that I hope to finish in 2014.  Others were some from bees and swaps that had been languishing in the WIP basket for too long.  Still others were started and finished in a rather timely manner.  A few were things that just screamed to be made.....NOW!

There were the quilts, of course....


And while I realized I had been on something of a bag making kick, until I put the mosaic together I didn't realize just how much....

And if I needed proof that I had kind of overdone the swapping thing, this mosaic should remove any doubt.

But overall, it was a great year.  


I have a cheerful new little sewing space that suits me pretty well.  I say little, but it's twice the size of my old space (and still too small!) 


I have a new sewing friend - her name is "Barbie" - that is light years ahead of my old one (although sometimes I miss Priscilla terribly.)  I hope soon to add some embroidery capabilities (like I need a new hobby!)  

 And I learned a little bit about photography that I hope is evident in the photos here.

The Mickey Mouse duvet cover on his bed
And now that my son has returned home and the Christmas festivities are over, it's time to get started on what will become next year's wrap-up  blog post.

Wishing you all the best in 2014!  Happy quilting!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! You made a LOT of pieces in 2013! Very impressive. And it's an understatement to say you participated in swaps. Seeing all those, as wonderful as they are, convince me not to join any. I can't imagine finding the time to make all those things, while keeping up with my own quilting, teaching, and writing about quilting. You're a busy quilter, for sure. I hope 2014 is as productive as you want it to be. It looks like you have a nice space for sewing.

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!