Sunday, November 10, 2013

More Swappy Stuff

Well, it's clear from the photo above that I really need to keep my REAL camera in the sewing room because these iphone shots are just not awesome, but since I've already given this little pillow cover away, it's all I have.  I finished the tree just before I headed for bed the other night, and overall, I'm pleased with how it turned out.  I made it for my swap partner in the ECMQG Christmas Swap.  Such wonderful items were swapped at the meeting yesterday.  It was so fun to see everyone's creativity, and all the squeals of delight.  Unfortunately, my partner wasn't able to attend, but she sent a surrogate, so I hope she liked it.

And while I really liked this little tree, I only have enough of this wool felt for one more.  I looked at the local hobby shop and wool felt is scarce as hen's teeth.  And boy!  Is there a difference in quality.  Whew!  I can't believe we used to take this stuff for granted.   Anyway, I don't have enough of this to make this ornament for all my partners in the Trim the Tree swap, and no time to order more from my online source.  See what I get for waiting until the last minute!



So, I decided to go a different direction for the TTT swap.  These ready-to-fill ornaments fascinate me.  There are so many things you can do with them.  Last year I bought round ones and filled them with scrapbook paper rings.  My friend filled them with sand and attached a tag from where she lives.  This year, I found these cute Christmas-light shaped ornaments and decided to fill them with various sized pom poms.  It was a fun and easy craft and I had a lot of fun making them.  I attached a little plaid bow, and voila!  One Christmas ornament.  I think I will make a few of these for my tree.

So, I'm making progress on completing these swap items.  Two more (or is it three?) to go...  Or did I say that yesterday?  Anyway, I AM making progress.  Really!

1 comment:

  1. You're really moving right along with your Christmas preparations. And such lovely projects too!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!