Monday, July 29, 2013

Catching Up - Part Three


So here we are at the third - and final - installment of my "Vacation Trilogy" - the one about the crafty stuff I did while I was gone.

(Aside from button necklaces, of course!)

It's pretty inspiring to have this just down the hall...  (Since I was so busy, I didn't take many pictures, so I've swiped Manda's IG photos - she does a much better job at the picture taking than I do!)

I folded a bit lot of fabric...  This one is the Low Volume Dots bundle.

And got to play with some more...  This is Briar Rose by Heather Ross, of course!

I cut and folded this very bundle - so pretty!  This is Nordika by Jeni Baker of In Color Order.  Isn't it dramatic?  Can't wait to play with this!

And helped ship some packages while the parents were gone - but not this many.

And I made this Christmas quilt top.  The fabric is Hip Holiday from Josephine Kimberling, and the pattern is Spin Cycle from Allison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew.  It was a beast to cut out, but fun to put together.

I hate trimming blocks, but love the little piles that the trimming creates.  It makes such a difference in the finished quilt to have all the blocks the exact same size.

And I put together a couple of quilt tops for Manda.  This one was finished, but she wanted to make it bigger.  She had all the blocks made so it was a simple matter to put it together.  If you want to make one too, this is the Seaside Chevron Hexagon Quilt on her blog.  One more finished quilt top in the stash.

I made Abby a couple of little dresses.  The pattern is the Geranium Dress by MadeByRae.  It's classic and super easy to put together.  And very versatile.  The fabric is Robert Kaufman chambray.  I loved working with it.  Such a nice hand.  And I think she likes it!

She hadn't worn this one yet, but she picked out the fabric herself.  I think she'll like it too.


I managed to get one hexie flower made - which is not too bad considering I only made hexies in the airport while waiting for flights.

I took a weekend pilgrimage to Idaho to visit my friends Carol and Brent.  They took me to the Boise Farmer's Market on Saturday.  It was really fun.  We bought some wonderful fresh-from-the-farm berries.  And the fresh-squeezed lemonade was delightful on such a hot day - it was 104 when I was there.

And she very kindly indulged me by taking me to this fun quilt shop down the road from her house.  I think I may have converted her - she's planning on taking a quilting class from them in August!  (Do I dare say I hope she's hooked??)

And, when I wasn't sewing or playing with the grands, I made a couple of blueberry pies.  You can find the recipe here.



And I might have brought a bit of fabric home... 


So, that's what I have to show for my vacation.  Fairly productive, and lots of fun!


But also very nice to be home.









No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!