Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Lovely Year of Finishes - May Finish!

Just in the nick of time I managed to finish the first of the aqua/red quilts - the one with the yellow sashing.  I am pretty happy with the way it turned out, in fact.  This one is destined for a Project Linus donation.

I used another of the stripe fabrics from my Stripes That Bind bundle.  Looks like it was just made for this quilt, doesn't it?  I quilted each block in a different motif from Angela Walters' book.  There are 28 motifs in the book, and I have now tried 12.  Not perfectly, not even competently on some of them, but the last ones better than the first, so not a bad start.

Sorry for the blurry cell phone picture.  I promise to take better pictures soon, at least during daylight. 

For now, I'm content to say, "It is done."





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on an awesome finish! I am sure it will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!