Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Other Christmas Gift

I wanted to share the other crafty Christmas gift I created this year.  BD#2 selected this verse last spring when she and her husband moved into their new apartment.  Sadly, in the craziness which was prevalent here before Christmas as I was doing the finishing and wrapping and packing, I didn't get a really good photo.

My friend Bonnie loaned me her Cricut (3 times) and then finally came over and helped me cut the letters.  It was so much easier to do with someone who knew what she was doing.  We used just the fonts she already had, which might not necessarily have been the ones I would have chosen if I had had unlimited choices, but they really turned out fine in the end.

I was having a terrible time getting the letters straight, and I didn't want to draw lines and then figure out how to get rid of them, so Krista saved the day when she suggested painter's tape.  Now why didn't I think of that!  Perfect.  It worked wonderfully well.  And my 24-inch sewing ruler came in quite handy too.

13 coats of Mod Podge and the project was finished.  The Mod Podge filled in all the roughness and left it smooth to the touch with a matte finish.

And best of all, BD#2 seemed to really like her poster.

I love it when that happens.

And WH got me a Silhouette cutting machine for Christmas.  On to the next project - as soon as I figure out how to use it.

Happy crafting!




1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a project of love with all of those letters.

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!