Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dash Around the Block

Last fall, I chanced upon Sarah and Molly's Free Piecing Study Flickr group.  Each month Sarah and Molly "taught" two different quilt blocks.  Some were classics, like log cabins or shoo fly blocks.


Most were a little bit wonky, but if you go for more of a traditional block, the techniques are very adaptable.

 At least one was pretty unique.

All had great tutorials.  I found them to be a great resource.

Sometime last fall, a couple of group members had a wonderful idea - some of the members of the group would make blocks and send them to Sarah and Molly as a way of saying "thank you" for the effort they put in to their Flickr group and tutorials.

The "deadline" was January 31.

Note that the word "deadline" is in quotation marks....  I mailed mine yesterday.


This wonky churn dash block was a lot of fun to make.  It's really just a simple 9-patch.  And I kind of like the aqua polka dots against the DS Quilts tiles.  It's one of my current favorite color combinations.

And it's one more thing checked off my to-do list.

And that's always a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!