Friday, October 21, 2011

Fabric Therapy

With all the distraction that made up this summer in our household, it's been awhile since I've done any fabric therapy.  But last week, fabric.com had a sale.  And not just that, but they sent me a coupon.  Lately, I've been able to resist succumbing to such sales, but not this time.  I was specifically looking for fabric for my Mug Rug Swap Adventure partner, who requested a particular holiday theme, but did not want traditional colors or motifs.  A challenge, right?  Well, as I was browsing the sale, I noticed that there were a lot of fabrics on sale that I had wanted to add to my stash for a long time.  I ended up with about 25 fabrics in my cart.  NOT good for my budget.

So, I spent awhile paring down my shopping cart, and trying to make my fabric lust match my budget a little better.  This is what I came up with.

I found the fabric for my swap, some delightful little aqua dots, a fun fabric quarter bundle that seems to be in my favorite colors lately, some sewing related fabrics that I think will be cute additions to some projects, and some tufted tweets.

I have to say, I'm pretty happy with my choices.  Now, I think I'll go pet my fabric.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!