Monday, May 2, 2011

So What Did You Do This Weekend?

This weekend seemed very busy, but I don't seem to have a lot to show for it.  I did the March for Babies on Saturday morning, and just never seemed to get in the sewing groove for the rest of the weekend.    I did finish my sewing machine cover for the Great Cover Up swap.  As I mentioned in this post, I knew from the beginning that a Charley Harper image would be just the ticket for my partner.

Don't look too closely at the quilting.  I'm still experimenting with FMQ.  (Luckily the darning foot only fell off once during this adventure.  Maybe I'm getting the hang of it?)






I put pockets on both ends to hold the foot feed, power cord, and whatever else she decides to stuff in there.

I guess I can't say much more until she receives it. I don't want to give too much away.  I've got a couple of other little things to finish, and then I can get this package in the mail.

5 comments:

  1. What a great mail day for you......if you go to my blog on the sidebar is a list of all the swappers in the pincushion swap......you can find Catherine there under Cat......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bird applique on your sewing machine cover. You did a great job for your swap partner. It came out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty cover! The red Cardinal on the white background just pops! Bet the lucky recipient loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The applique is so beautiful! The pockets are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out beautifully and I think your quilting looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!