Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tourists


Yesterday, Beautiful Daughter #1, Dear Son-in-Law, Handsome Son, Abby and I headed into Seattle to do the typically tourist things that make Seattle such a fun place to visit.  We stopped first at Pike Place Market, where we (and thousands of other people) examined all the fruits, vegetables, flowers, and crafts, and watched the obligatory fish throwing. Those fellas sure have their act down pat.
Looking at all this beautiful fish sure makes me hungry!!

My big purchase of the day was a large, hardback copy of The Poky Little Puppy for Abby.  This was my childhood favorite, and my children's also.  I read it so much that I STILL have most of it memorized.  "Five little puppies dug a hole under the fence and went for a walk in the wide, wide, world..."




Dear Son in Law and Beautiful Daughter #1 headed to the Space Needle for a sky-high view.  (And despite the fact that it was Bumbershoot Weekend, we found FREE parking only 2 blocks away.  Very cool!)  Handsome Son and I stayed at ground level and entertained Abby so her mommy and daddy could enjoy the view uninterrupted. 



We stopped for lunch at Ivar's Salmon House and watched all the activity on Lake Union.  Folks were fishing, canoeing, kayaking, and landing sea planes, among other things.  This is not my photo - it's off the Ivar's website - but I love it.  (Why is it I never think to take photos until it's too late?)  The food was yummy, but I was a little disappointed that the menu had changed.  Not too surprising, I suppose, since I don't think I have eaten there for at least 10 years.  Still excellent, though, and you can't beat the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!